Location: Head Office/Peterborough
Working Hours: 08:45 – 17:15
Working Days: Monday to Friday
Reports to: TBC
Travel Required: No
In the role of Office Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Stephenson Smart office and oversee all administrative duties. Within the role you will be expected to cover reception when required. Alongside your main duties, the Office Manager you will be asked to support the delivery of business-based projects and assist with implementing business processes, including documentation, compliance processes and marketing support for Stephenson Smart and Co.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
As part of your contract, you have a duty of care to ensure the security and integrity of customer data at all times and undertake all tasks in line with company information security policy.
- Ensure the day-to-day running of the office is maintained,
- Ensure reception is covered and administration duties are followed,
- Manage relationships with Stephenson Smart’s suppliers ensuring prices are competitive,
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring the office operations and procedures are organised, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are followed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that administration functions are properly assigned and monitored,
- Ensure the office is stocked with supplies at all times,
- Administration for CCH, including (but not limited to): setting up of new clients, updating of client details and closure/transfer of clients,
- Maintain company HR software, including staff absences and holidays,
- Maintain company perk scheme, including: adding, removing staff and sending out regular staff communications,
- Arranging maintenance callouts,
- Managing office attendance register,
- Monitor employee CPD compliance and records,
- Monitor and maintain employee HR and appraisal records,
- Offer general support for quality assurance requirements and health and safety matters,
- Manage Stephenson Smart’s social media platforms and create posts – LinkedIn/Facebook/Twitter,
- Create staff communication bulletins as requested,
- Updating employee car parking permits,
- To be the onsite HR contact and liaise with Stephenson Smart’s third-party support where required,
- Oversee and coordinate the new starter process, ensuring documentation is up to date and processes are followed,
- Administer Stephenson Smart’s third-party suppliers,
- To assist and support other team members as and when required,
- To work on ad-hoc projects as directed.
Standard Accountability Statements
Health and Safety
You are required to comply with the Company Health and Safety Policy and to take such steps as are reasonably practicable for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues at work and those affected by your work. You must comply with your safety responsibilities and must co- operate with management in all respects for the full implementation of the Stephenson Smart & Co.’s Health and Safety Policy.
Equality and Diversity
The post holder must adhere to all policies and procedures relating to equality and diversity in the workplace and provision of services
Learning and Personal Development
The post holder has a personal responsibility for his or her own learning and development and will maintain up to date records of achievement and attendance as required. The post holder must undertake the learning and training and any other relevant training that is identified and agreed with their manager.
Here at Stephenson Smart & Co, we regularly provide opportunities for those training for a career in both audit and accountancy. We look to employ individuals who seek to embark on an exciting and rewarding career.
The ideal candidate will have studied and achieved ‘A’ levels or a 2:1 degree standard, with at least 120 UCAS points at ‘A’ level.
To find out when our next application period for students will be, feel free to give us a call on 01733 343275, or email us at email@example.com.
We’re always looking for ambitious and talented accountants to come and join our team. We pride ourselves on our client relationships and look for employees who can help build a rapport with our clients, whilst meeting our key performance objectives.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please email your CV, complete with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s not all about accountants! Stephenson Smart & Co often have office support and administration positions available for presentable and dedicated individuals who are looking to join our hard-working team.
To discover our current office vacancies, keep an eye on our careers page and our social media platforms.