Here at Stephenson Smart & Co, we regularly provide opportunities for those training for a career in both audit and accountancy. We look to employ individuals who seek to embark on an exciting and rewarding career.
The ideal candidate will have studied and achieved ‘A’ levels or a 2:1 degree standard, with at least 120 UCAS points at ‘A’ level.
To find out when our next application period for students will be, feel free to give us a call on 01733 343275, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re always looking for ambitious and talented accountants to come and join our team. We pride ourselves on our client relationships and look for employees who can help build a rapport with our clients, whilst meeting our key performance objectives.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please email your CV, complete with a covering letter, to email@example.com.
Job Title: Payroll Manager
Location: Head Office/Peterborough
Working Hours: 08:45 – 17:15
Working Days: Monday to Friday
We are looking for a Payroll Manager to lead our payroll bureau. A large part of your role will be to supervise our payroll team and liaise with Stephenson Smart’s Partners about their payroll clients.
The Payroll Manager will be required to work with a variety of clients and drive growth of the Payroll function within the Accountancy Practice.
Our ideal candidate will have recent, extensive experience of managing a team, handling multiple payrolls and will work well in a busy, deadline driven environment. Working in Stephenson Smart’s payroll bureau, you will assist in the smooth running of their client’s payroll operations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
- Oversee and direct all payroll procedures; complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; follow up on work results
- Maintain payroll staff by orienting and training new starters, and continue their professional development
- Maintain payroll staff job results by counselling employees; planning and monitoring the team’s workload, and appraising job results
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and build company reputation
- Implement processes to streamline payroll function and enhance cost savings
- Develop new and existing client relationships; and create opportunities for the firm by adding value to clients
- Previous experience in a managerial role
- Extensive knowledge of payroll software
- Excellent customer service skills
- A good understanding of payroll legislation and compliance
- Experience in building and developing client relationships
- Experience working to multiple deadlines within guidelines of different SLAs
- Discuss and implement changes in order to enable Stephenson Smart to deliver a high standard of service to clients
If you would like to apply for this position, or receive further information on the role, please send us your CV, complete with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To discover more of our current office vacancies, keep an eye on our careers page and our social media platforms.’